Last updated: March 2021
globale u.k. limited has its registered offices at address 154 Clerkenwell Rd, London EC1R 5AB, UK (“Global-e”). Global-e may collect, receive, use, store and disclose your personal information in connection with the provision to you of an online order processing and fulfilment services for the sale of products to you (the “Global-e Services”). Global-e acts as a data controller at the point at which you purchase PURDEY products via the Platform. Global-e is also a data processor for PURDEY for certain functions provided on the checkout on our online Platform.
Where we offer our products for sale online or by phone through the PURDEY Client Relations Center, you must read the applicable Conditions of Sale, which will govern the terms and conditions of any such purchases made in this way.
Information you provide to us and how we use it
We collect the information from you as detailed below:
- To access certain areas of our Platform, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable PURDEY to provide you with the services you select;
- We collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you provide your details when you visit a PURDEY boutique or contact the PURDEY concierge by telephone. Please note that phone calls will on occasion be recorded for security, training and development purposes;
- If you choose to interact with PURDEY via a social media platform or other third-party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform;
- We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed "Cookies and other information that we automatically collect", below; and
- We will collect information about your location to the extent that we provide any location services, described in the section headed “Location services” below.
Global-e will collect the following information from you as detailed below when you purchase a product through the online store Platform:
- When you purchase products on this Platform, you are using the Global-e Services. When using the Global-e Services, if you choose to make a purchase, payment, and/or place an order Global-e will require personal information from you in order process an complete the transaction and to provide subsequent notification and support services. This information may be provided to you by us or Global-e.
- Global-e will collect information about the products purchased and about you including your first name, last, email, telephone number and postal address and payment information, including the payment method and payment details with expiration dates and any payment voucher details that are provided, as well as indirect identifiers such as credit card information or online identifiers. If you do not wish for Global-e to collect your information, please do not submit your personal information to Global-e. However, Global-e will not be able to process your product order without receiving your details.
- Global-e will collect information about the preferred shipping and delivery details relevant to the specific transaction and contact details to send notification of the placement shipping and fulfillment of the order.
- When you contact Global-e or when Global-e contacts you, it may receive and process information that you provide.
- Global-e makes use of log files that it automatically collects from your computer or device when you interact with Global-e Services.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- Manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales services;
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Deal with your enquiries and requests;
- Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- Prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our Platform and services secure; and
- Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings.
Where you have agreed to a particular use of your information by us, we process it on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw that consent at any time (for example, for us to send you marketing communications) by contacting us (see the section headed “Contact us” below). We also process your information where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating, protecting and improving our business.
Global-e will use the information it collects from you to:
- Perform the online order processing and fulfilment services for the sale of products to you;
- To improve the Global-e Service, prevent and detect fraud or abuse, to personalise your user experience, to contact you in connection with the Global-e Service and any transactions you have initiated or completed, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Global-e Service that you are authorised to access. Where your information is needed to fulfil the Global-e Service under the Conditions of Sale, a failure to provide that information may mean Global-e is unable to complete the transaction meaning that they will refer you back to us; and
- To respond to your enquiries using your designated portal and contact information.